Wrist is looking for Technical Purchaser
Wrist Ship Supply, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the maritime industry is looking for a Purchaser to join the team in Wrist Aalborg
The successful candidate will have prior experience in a procurement role, preferably in the maritime industry. You are motivated by getting the customers’ needs fulfilled by procuring the right quality and quantity for the right price, because you know your local and global sourcing network. We expect you to be the key player in vendor contact and negotiation, creating value through competitive order fulfillment and error-free deliveries of goods.
With reference to our Branch manager, you will become part of a strong team. The position is based in Aalborg, Denmark.
- Respond to customer requests, and obtaining quotes for non-stock goods
- Purchase goods (technical or provision) to order in accordance with existing contracts
- Thorough understanding of customer preferences, translating customer codes to Wrist codes
- In collaboration with Sales, to provide timely and complete order confirmation
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure all items are available for timely delivery
- Develop and maintain local vendor relationships
- Manage the invoice approval process
Qualifications & requirements:
- Negotiation skills
- IT & business systems expertise (e.g. AX)
- Numerical adept
- Organized and able to work with deadlines and perform under time pressure
- Exhibiting high level of integrity, honesty and respect for company, customers and colleagues
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite and the ability to converse in other languages an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years procurement or vendor management experience
- Minimum high school diploma, however Bachelor Degree in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management or similar is preferred
- Ship supply background would be an advantage
- Familiar with business systems as an integrated part of your business day, e.g. Microsoft Office.
You can look forward to a professional and challenging job in a global company with an ambitious growth strategy. We offer a positive, informal and international working environment where you will be surrounded by skilled colleagues. We wish to be the best at what we do, and everything we do, is based on our values of “Hard Working, Winning Attitude, and Customer Orientation”. The salary will correspond with your qualifications and results.
Apply for the job:
If you are interested, please send your application and CV marked ‘Technical Purchaser’ to email@example.com. Feel free to contact Lars Madsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +4540707227 for more details.
Starting day is as soon as possible.
Wrist is the world’s leading ship and offshore supplier of marine provisions and stores with a market share of approximately 9%. Wrist is the only stores and provisions marine supplier with a global network of supply operations. Wrist also offers services within owners’ goods and spare parts logistics and distribution combining deliveries to vessels.
Wrist is leading the digitalization agenda of the maritime supply industry. All year round, we offer 24/7 global online sourcing and logistics providing data transparency, automation, and convenience to customers.
We continuously work on reducing our own climate impact while at the same time meeting our customers’ growing demand for responsible solutions and services.
From 30+ locations worldwide in all major shipping locations, 1,600 Wrist employees take pride in making it easy for customers to order and receive supplies – where and when it is requested.