Wrist is looking for Global Category Manager Freight & Logistics
Do you want to be a part of a market leading company, with a global footprint and an ambitious growth strategy? Then this new position as Global Category Manager with responsibility for Freight & Logistics might be the job of your dreams.
As a Global Category Manager for Freight & Logistics you are going to develop and maintain the relationship with the global logistics vendor community to create the best possible sourcing position for Wrist, considering total cost price, quality, availability, and logistics. Furthermore you will drive the process of professionalizing the internal procedures for managing the purchase and booking of transport as well as supporting the coordination of container pick-up in Wrist.
With reference to our CPO, you will become part of a strong, global procurement team. The position is based in Nørresundby.
- Develop and maintain the global freight & logistics category strategy
- Define the requirements/specifications for the freight & logistics category
- Establish and maintain good partnerships with the right logistics partners in the market Identify optimization opportunities and liase with stakeholders
- Drive the implementation plan for the category strategy, establishing metrics and tracking tools to measure progress in meeting objectives and driving continuous improvement.
- Run sourcing projects, incl. Search, develop and maintain relationships with existing vendors and possible new vendors, negotiations & contracting
- Rolling out improvement initiatives like new shipping guidelines and onboarding new branches in relation to use of sourcing hubs/global transport setup
- Continuously track demand and implication for freight. Secure capacities with freight vendors
Qualifications & requirements:
- You hold at least a Master Degree
- Minimum 5 years freight forwarding experience with deep insight in seafreight
- Minimum 5 years of category management experience from a global company
- Excellent data analytics and negotiation skills. Excel at expert level.
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
In this newly established Role, You can look forward to an exciting and challenging job whit high exposure in a global company with an ambitious growth strategy. We offer a positive, informal and international working environment where you will be surrounded by skilled colleagues. We wish to be the best at what we do, and everything we do, is based on our values of “Hard Working, Winning Attitude, and Customer Orientation”.
The salary will correspond with your qualifications and results.
Apply for the job:
If you are interested, please send your application and CV marked ‘Global Category Manager – Freight & Logistics’ to email@example.com no later than 15-05-2022. Feel free to contact Louise Unbehaun on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Starting day is 01-08-2022 or as soon as possible.
About Wrist Ship Supply
Wrist Ship Supply is the world’s leading ship and offshore supplier of provisions and stores with a market share of around 9%. Wrist offers a global 24/7 service, including handling of owners’ goods, shipping, airfreight and related marine services that meet the demands of international organisations as well as local businesses
From offices around the globe all Wrist staff takes pride in making it easy for customers to receive their supplies – where and when requested – efficiently and at the best possible price. Wrist’s mission is to provide expert care – making our customers’ life at sea better.
Since 2007, the majority shareholder in Wrist has been Altor Fund II.