Lundbeck is looking for a Category Manager (Outsourcing Manager)
Outsourcing of Observational Studies, Medical & Regulatory Affairs services.
Lundbeck’s passion links to our purpose about restoring brain health so every person can be their best. We strive to make a real difference to patients. By developing innovative treatments, we improve the lives of people living with brain diseases. Your dedication is crucial. That is why you can expect us to be committed to your progress, so you can stay committed to ours.
Do you have the right mix of project management skills, medical affairs, observational study experience and an interest in procurement? Are you passionate about pharmaceutical Research & Development, and eager to make a real difference for a company with a fantastic purpose? Are you motivated by managing a wide array of business-critical outsourcing projects in close collaboration with our core business on a global scale? And do you thrive in a busy environment, where no two days are the same, and where you are always supported by state-of-the-art colleagues, processes and systems? If so, this is a great chance to join us as our next Category Manager (CM), Observational Studies, Medical/Regulatory Affairs & Pharmacovigilance.
Lundbeck offers the right candidate an exciting job opportunity within our R&D Category Cluster team. As a CM, you work independently on a range of strategic sourcing and contracting activities across our late development projects, hereunder global medical affairs, real world evidence and regulatory affairs project pipeline, well supported by the other category team members.
Some of the primary activities our CMs embark on are category and outsourcing project portfolio planning including alignment with our business, defining category and sourcing strategy, building and issuing RFXs, negotiating projects and MSAs. Our CMs likewise manage our strategic vendors and lead improvement projects across the R&D categories, in close alignment with the Lundbeck business.
Corporate Procurement is a global function consisting of +40 ambitious and passionate colleagues located in Copenhagen, Krakow and Chicago. Together we secure a professional and efficient source-to-pay process across the full Lundbeck value chain. We take outset in our strongly integrated Category Management processes and deliver value through our structured approach to planning, project execution as well as stakeholder- and supplier management. We ensure spend transparency, compliance and efficient line of business support through state-of-the-art procurement systems, well defined procedures and most importantly strong cross functional collaboration. We believe in ongoing development of individuals and teams. With a strong mix of experience, Lundbeck insights and diverse competencies across the team we develop each other just as we learn from external innovation and best-practices.
Your job and key responsibilities
Our new Category Manager will join a team of 4 Category Managers, 3 Associate Category Managers and 1 Lead Buyer within the R&D Category Cluster. We work individually as well as in teams where sparring and mutual support are key in the way we interact.
As a Category Manager, responsible for Observational Studies, Medical & Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance, you will:
- Take the responsibility – in close collaboration with category cluster colleagues – for the global outsourcing project pipeline and related spend within the category area.
- Drive strategic sourcing projects and processes on a global scale within your category area of responsibility, hereunder run RFPs, Bid Defense Meetings and negotiation of complex Work Orders, Change Orders and contracts in close alignment with Lundbeck’s line of business and management – all based on category management methodology.
- Play an active and key role in the further development of global category strategies.
- Lifecycle management of the relevant contract portfolio and strategic vendor relations, ensuring continued commercial and legal governance and value generation.
- Collaborate closely with internal key stakeholders across our many entities to secure strategy and project alignment globally.
- Ensure project and study quality & timelines, compliance, intellectual property, liability and regulatory requirements and overall Lundbeck long term interests across the contract portfolio.
We are looking for the following qualifications in our future Category Manager:
- Strong project management skills demonstrated through a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing projects either in an outsourcing/procurement or R&D environment.
- Good understanding of and experience with the category related areas (observational studies, real world evidence, medical affairs, regulatory affairs and/or pharmacovigilance) is a key requirement for the position, and we are open to where your experience comes from. This could be either from a procurement or otherwise pharmaceutical research/development type of role that has given you the basic understanding of the category area.
- Business partnering skills, ability to influence and an emphatic mind-set.
- An interest in building or further building your key skills such as project management, negotiations, legal understanding, data analysis and Category Management.
- A Master’s Degree from a University, Business School or equivalent, relevant to the position.
- Preferably 5 years of experience with outsourcing within the relevant R&D areas mentioned above.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a structured approach.
- The ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously.
- A keen interest for procurement and in continuously developing your skill set.
- English fluency, verbally and written.
Please contact Linda Bengtsen Frederiksen, mobile +45 30834019 for more insights about the job.
Please click on link to apply for the job before April 15th, 2022. Relevant candidates will be invited for interviews as applications are received.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of neuroscience research. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best.
Billions of people worldwide live with brain diseases – complex conditions often invisible to others that nonetheless take a tremendous toll on individuals, families and societies. We are committed to fighting stigma and discrimination against people living with brain diseases and advocating for broader social acceptance of people with brain health conditions. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain disease.
We have approximately 5,600 employees in more than 50 countries, and our products are available in more than 100 countries. Our research programs tackle some of the most complex challenges in neuroscience, and our pipeline is focused on bringing forward transformative treatments for which there are few, if any therapeutic options. We have research facilities in Denmark and the United States, and our production facilities are located in Denmark, France, and Italy. Lundbeck generated revenue of DKK 17.7 billion in 2020 (EUR 2.4 billion; USD 2.7 billion).
Ansøgningsfrist15. april, 2022
KontaktLinda Bengtsen Frederiksen - Tlf.: +45 3083 4019
Husk at skrive i ansøgningen, at du har set annoncen hos DILF