CP Kelco is looking for a Strategic Purchasing Manager
Are you interested in developing and implementing strategies to effectively and efficiently source, direct, and control applicable spend for operating locations primarily in EMEA? And would you like to use your purchasing expertise to impact the overall competitive position of a leading global food ingredient manufacturer? Then we have the job for you!
About the position
For our Supply Chain organization we are looking for a candidate who will have direct responsibility to manage procurement for all EMEA locations .
Your focus will be to deliver business strategy through minimizing risk, leveraging spend & maximizing savings.
You will drive results in closely collaboration with areas such as Operations, Engineering & Operations Support, Supply Chain, HR, Quality and Maintenance to ensure overall Occupational Safety & Environment. You will also be part of the manufacturing leadership team.
“You will become part of a highly motivated central procurement team. You will excel in optimizing supply for our production plants using your sourcing skills in combination with maintaining solid communication channels to local procurement teams as well as planning- and commercial functions. You are an expert within your field and provides valuable contributions participating in purchasing
Areas of responsibility
You will enhances CP Kelco’s overall competitive position in the marketplace by developing and implementing strategies to effectively and efficiently source, direct, and control applicable spend for operating locations primarily in EMEA.
Your key responsibilities include: Direct responsibility to manage procurement for EMEA locations for the following spend categories:
- Raw Materials (Excl. Naturals),
- Ensures continuity of plant operations constantly optimizing the price, service, terms and performance
- Coordinate material procurement activities and requirements for CP Kelco being conducted in EME
- In coordination with CP Kelco functional owners develop and maintain strategies for applicable materials used in the region
- Complete contractual requirements for purchases in collaboration with Legal and process owners
- Leads supplier selection, negotiations, and supplier management strategies
- Develop and capitalize on leveraged positions to negotiate favourable pricing for both high and low volume purchases
- Obtaining favourable pricing, supply and quality in highly competitive markets through effective negotiating and competitive bidding
- Communicate effectively working closely with the purchasing leaders and functional owners to implement the strategy and tactics for spend
- Own relevant segments of the strategic sourcing plan, coordinate strategic sourcing initiatives with plant purchasing resources, etc. to maximize potential savings
- Ensures complete, accurate and timely reporting to management of supplier programs, statistics and marketplace changes effecting pricing or performance of materials
- Ensure all procurement activities are carried out in accordance with approved policies and requirements
Manage supplier performance
- Support the establishment of quality and audit protocols and process control for procurement in the region
- Performing supplier risk assessments as an ongoing process
- Manage complaints, non-conformance or non-performance of vendors in conjunction with Quality, Legal and procurement functions
- Support and follow up on documentation requirements for suppliers or materials
Developing best practices, new technologies and methods, while driving continuous improvement
- Implements best practices for strategic purchasing including policies, procedures, systems and reports
- Incorporates vendor gained market knowledge into internal projects/process to drive improvement
- Is an active contributor on purchasing enhancements programs such as ESG and digital transformation
Integrates deeply with internal and external teams
- Maintains excellent relationships with suppliers to provide market insights across the space to benefit other projects and business developments and drives powerful understanding of these market spaces
- Ability to identify and engage suppliers who can immediately support resolution of emergency situations
- Drives effective cross functional relationships across businesses especially in operations, engineering, finance, sales/marketing, and legal teams to ensure effective planning, budgeting and execution
We’re looking for a Strategic Purchasing Manager EMEA – preferably with experience in the process and or chemical industries. We expect you to have at least 5 years of relevant purchasing, or business administration experience. Additionally, we require you to have:
- Skills in procurement processes including commodity management, supplier management, negotiations, contract management and e-procurement systems
- Basic understanding of commercial legal language and capable of leading complex contract negotiations
- Strong data analytics capability and familiarity with ERP purchase-to-pay processes
- Broad macro-economic awareness and general business acumen
- English and Scandinavian or German
- Experience driving value creation through effective supplier relationships
- Ability to engage, communicate and influence at various levels of an organization
- Comfortable making clear business driven recommendations in complex and dynamic situations while managing trade-offs and multiple stakeholders
- Open-minded with a positive attitude toward new challenges/initiatives
- Energized by continuous improvement, driving ongoing value creation, solving problems
- Ability to travel 15%
We expect you have expert knowledge of contract drafting, negotiations, and execution including awareness of legal aspects of both domestic and international purchases
Proven experience driving value creation through effective supplier relationships
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Niclas Truedsson, Director, Purchasing EMEA & Brazil Regions by phone +45 5616 5735.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, exam papers and any attachments. We will call for interviews on an ongoing basis.
CP Kelco sees diversity as a strength and encourages all interested candidates regardless of personal background to apply. We look forward to reading your application.
CP Kelco is a leading producer of specialty ingredients which are added to improve texture, consistency, and stability in food, pharmaceutical and industrial products. Our products are derived from renewable raw materials found in nature for use in jam, fruit and milk drinks, confectionery products as well as industrial applications. We work across the whole value chain from natural raw materials to customers’ end products. CP Kelco is part of the JM Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held, family owned companies in the United States. With approximately $3.0 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, we have a combined material presence in more than 20 countries.
J.M. Huber Corporation is an EEO/AAP employer.
KontaktNiclas Truedsson, Director, Purchasing EMEA & Brazil Regions by phone +45 5616 5735.
Husk at skrive i ansøgningen, at du har set annoncen hos DILF