ConvaTec is looking for a Category Manager – Plastic Injection Moulding
Are you an experienced Category Manager with an entrepreneurial mindset, and do you strive for continuous improvement? Do you want to drive and develop supplier relations and are you passionate about supplier category management? Do you want to support the development of innovative products that improve people’s lives? If so, you might be the new Category Manager at ConvaTec Infusion Care.
Every day, our products improve the lives of millions of people around the world. We are very proud of this, which is why we’re transforming our business to reach millions more. Join us as our Category Manager, and you’ll drive a progress that really makes a difference.
We are guided by our five core values that shape the way we work: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do the Right thing.
About the role
You will be responsible for your designated suppliers of resins, injection moulding and related categories, in close collaboration with R&D, operations in Denmark and Mexico and the global ConvaTec Procurement organization. We offer you a central role in an innovative and progressive company, with considerable influence on the projects and processes in which you participate.
You will report to the Director of Sourcing and Supply Chain and be part of a dedicated team of 12 specialists with different professional backgrounds.
Your duties will be to manage the overall lifecycle of categories and suppliers for our Danish and Mexican manufacturing facilities.
Your main work location is in Osted, south of Roskilde, with occasional meetings at our office in Søborg. You will have the option of working from home on some weekdays. You can expect 20-25 travel days annually.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the lifecycle of your designated supplier portfolio
- Develop and execute the overall category and supplier strategies that support our business needs
- Conduct contract negotiations and business reviews with your designated suppliers
- Manage product and process approvals relating to the regulatory requirements of our industry
- Monitor supply market trends
- Actively participate in new product development, product transfer and other optimization projects
- Drive continuous improvements in collaboration with suppliers and stakeholders
- Further develop Category Management in ConvaTec Infusion Care
- Some years of experience from a highly professional procurement organization
- Experience from the medical devices or pharma industry, alternatively other regulatory industries will be an advantage, but the right candidate will receive training as part of the onboarding program
- You understand that the key contributing factor to success is collaboration – and your stakeholder engagement and collaborative skills are well above average
- You are well-structured and methodological, and you know when to execute and delegate, and how to prioritize
- We expect you to have a degree within engineering or economics and a thorough understanding of technology as well as experience within technical products.
- You are familiar with LEAN tools to drive continuous improvement.
- You have strong analytical skills, and you are fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- A position in a dynamic and global company where no two days are alike. ConvaTec will provide you with challenges and development opportunities and the chance to influence your own role.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic community where we all help and support each other – while continuously building on our competences and network.
- Our ambitions will bring the very best out in you. You’ll be encouraged to make things happen, too. It will be challenging, but, as the progress you make will help improve the lives of millions, it’ll be worth it.
Interviews will be conducted continuously, and we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Søren Vammen, Danish Purchasing and Logistics forum on +45 2166 0290. Søren Vammen is handling the recruitment process.
At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
ConvaTec, Infusion Care (Unomedical a/s) is a part of a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers. We develop and market sterile disposable products for subcutaneous infusion of various medications. Specialized in the treatment of chronic diseases, such as Diabetes Mellitus and Parkinson’s Disease. Our manufacturing facilities in Denmark and Mexico produce more than 100 million infusion sets per year, making us the world leader within this field. Further information about the company can be found at our website www.b2b.convatec.com or www.convatec.com